Lemongrass is multi-purposes herbs that anyone can grow in their garden. Moreover, there are simple ways from how to cultivate until how to harvest lemongrass. So, you don’t need to worry because it’s quite a simple plant to grow. Yet, it has a lot of benefits such as culinary, medicinal, aromatic, and beauty benefits. Furthermore, lemongrass for hair is one of the most popular benefits too.
Thus, because of its properties and nutrients, using lemongrass for hair can help to maintain natural hair oil. Also, it can act as anti-micro bacterial and antiseptic for the scalp and strengthens hair. This article will inform you of the more details of lemongrass use and beneficial for hair.
How Lemongrass Beneficial For Your Hair
If you closely take a look, you might find one that contains the essence of lemongrass for hair. As we know, its antimicrobial properties can maintain the scalp’s health. Furthermore, the sebaceous glands in the scalp are prone to bacteria due to its function to produce oil. With antibacterial properties, it can prevent bacterial and fungal growth and make the scalp healthier.
Also, lemongrass is famous for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to encourage new hair growth. Based on Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory normalize the unstable free radical molecule on the hair follicle. As a result, it can help maintain hair growth and protect the hair follicle against oxidative stress. So, it’s a good call for hair loss.
How To Use Lemongrass For Hair: Make Your Own Essential Oil
Most people often use the essential oil of lemongrass for hair and scalp care. In this case, you can also use hair products that contain lemongrass extract or oil. Even so, you can do a conventional way by making your lemongrass oil for your hair. It can be an alternative and also much easier and flexible to use for your hair and scalp care routine. Here’s a simple way to make lemongrass essential oil:
- 6-8 stalks of fresh lemongrass
- Jojoba oil or olive oil
- First of all, separate the leaves and the stalk.
- Take only the inner white part from the stalk near the roots and cut them into pieces.
- After that dry out for a few days under the direct sun. Or for alternate, you can also dry by roast the cuts in the oven.
- Next, crush the dried lemongrass stalk with mortar and pestle and put it into a jar.
- Now, heat the jojoba or olive oil (careful not to boil it). Then, pour it into the jar with the crushed lemongrass.
- Then, leave it for about 3 days. Put it at room temperature.
- After 3 days, strain them using cheesecloth into a jar. Don’t forget to store them in a cool place.
- It’s all done. You can add 3-5 drops of the oil to your shampoo and conditioner. Also, you can mix 3 drops of the oil and directly massage it to your scalp and hair.
Now you know how is it important the lemongrass for hair growth and scalp. Also, you’ve already learned to make your own lemongrass essential oil. If you have scalp and hair loss issues, lemongrass is a good call to try to deal with them. Remember that you can’t depend on lemongrass a lot for your hair loss and scalp issue. So, you should contact a doctor if your hair or scalp issue is still happening to get further treatment.